Sunday, June 27, 2010

Thing #4

I'm a little late in getting thing#4 posted. I did read 5 of the posts from the lesson. The posts I read ranged from a reflection on research to a personal entry. Two of these were written by teachers/adults and the others were entries from students. One of my favorites was the post on SSR time. I can see where reading blogs would hold the students interest and want them to continue reading each day. Students could connect the blogs to real people. With all the social networks out there people are very interested in the lives of other people. For many, blogs have taken the place of a personal journal. I also liked how another teacher used the blog to explain to parents about his views on homework. The blog can now take the place of the weekly classroom newsletter. Parents also have the ability to reply, make comments, or ask questions and get a quick reply from the teacher. The other posts I read were student created. These posts were maninly about class assigments and writing activities in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment