Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Thnig #9

Three hours later I have successfully created the wiki. I was on the right track and followed all the instructions (I thought), and then I realized that I had created a whole new wiki instead of creating a new page on the 23things sandbox page. Talk about frustrating. I had included all the information on the direction page. I had edited the text and even looked around and studied some features of the wiki. I was doing great. Of course, my kids were coming in and out of the room asking questions and I took a couple of phone calls during this time. All in all I was pretty proud of myself. Then I went to link it on the home page. That is when I realized my mistake. I kept telling myself not to panic there is probably an easy solution to this problem. I sat there and stared at the screen. Then I read the directions again. I couldn't find anything. So I called a friend for help. Thank goodness for great friends! Thank goodness for copy and paste!! I created a new page on the right wiki (the sandbox wiki). Then I went to the wiki I created and copied the first page I created. I went back to the sandbox wiki and pasted everything on my new page. It even pasted the links (we weren't sure it would do that). So I learned more that I had originally planned on learning about a wiki. After I was sure that the link would work on the sandbox wiki I went back to the first wiki and deleted it. Now you can go and read All About Me in the wiki sandbox.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go! I am glad you stuck with it. They get easier and easier as you "play" more with them.

    ReplyDelete