Thursday, November 18, 2010

Thing #23

I had no idea there were so many social networking sites out there. There is a site for anyone and anything. Since I had been looking at educational blogs and wikis I decided that I would take another route for this particular thing. I looked around at the non-profit groups. The first one to pop up was about Autism. There were forums for parents who are new to autism, dealing with teenagers and autism, along with suport groups. I briefly looked at some other topics before moving on. These networks seemed to be more formal than facebook and myspace. I did like that it is more private. The main thing I guess that I learned from all the social network sites is that if you have something to share you can start a network group and get others involved in your cause. I have not tried twitter yet. I have friends that post to Facebook and twitter all the time. I read where twitter could be a good resource for staff development and some secondary classes. Personally I have enjoyed posting blogs so I want to continue with that tool.

No comments:

Post a Comment